At the OM Design Studio, our skilled professionals utilize advanced equipment and techniques to perform the micropigmentation procedure. Depending on your hair type, specific concerns, and ideal results, the treatment is typically completed in a varying number of sessions. Because our team has been extensively trained in micropigmentation, they are well-prepared to tailor their technique to ensure that the achieved results align with your ideal vision.
How Does Micropigmentation Work?
The scalp micropigmentation hair restoration treatment involves applying pigment to the scalp utilizing tiny needles (similar to permanent makeup). During the process, the technician replicates the appearance of thousands of hair follicles for a natural-looking result. Our experienced technicians at OM Design Studio can recreate your hairline, conceal alopecia or scarring, enhance the density of naturally-thin or thinning hair, and more. The final results are virtually indistinguishable from real hair follicles and stubble.
Usually, you can expect to complete anywhere from 2 to 4 sessions for optimal results. Each session will be scheduled 10-20 days apart, giving your scalp time to heal and prepare for the next round of treatment. Each session’s actual length depends on your specific situation, though the average is between 2-4 hours. Once you have finished your scalp micropigmentation treatment, you won’t need to come back anytime soon. One of the most exciting parts of micropigmentation results is that they last for several years, looking just as excellent as they did on day one. Eventually, you may notice a very slight color fading, though there will be no discoloration. At that point, you can schedule a short touch-up appointment to freshen up your look and extend the life of your results.
The Benefits of Scalp Micropigmentation
Despite being a well-developed procedure that’s provided outstanding results for many people, scalp micropigmentation is a hair loss treatment that many people have never heard of before.
Here are just a few benefits of micropigmentation as a way to restore the appearance of your hair:
- Results you can count on. Unlike other hair restoration techniques, micropigmentation offers guaranteed results. Many factors can alter the efficacy of traditional methods for hair restoration, but SMP has the benefit of working exceptionally well for virtually every candidate.
- Custom color matching to suit you. Before your technician ever begins the micropigmentation process, a customized color blend will be created to match your natural hair color and skin tone. You can be confident that the specialized ink won’t change color over time.
- Fuss-free results that last. Because micropigmentation uses a specialized form of tattooing, the results are maintenance-free and long-lasting.
- Hair restoration even on a budget. Compared to other hair restoration treatments, SMP is exceptionally affordable. Micropigmentation can be as little as 1/5 the cost of a hair transplant or other hair restoration methods.
- Easy recovery with minimal side effects. There is minimal recovery to be expected, and zero downtime is required. Your scalp may have minimal redness for a couple of days after the treatment, but you can return to work, school, and most of your regular activities. By contrast, hair transplants can put you at risk for infection and other issues – not to mention; they typically need to be repeated every few years!!
- The procedure is relatively quick and easy. For most individuals, the procedure itself involves little to no discomfort. The painless experience is due to the ultra-small needles used to disperse the pigment in the scalp.
When you consider how invasive many traditional hair restoration procedures can be and that SMP offers an exciting alternative, it becomes clear that it is an incredible option to have within reach.