Who is a Good Candidate for Areola Restoration?
There are many different reasons that a client may consider the areola restoration procedure, and our artists have worked with both men and women of all ages and backgrounds.
Candidates for areola restoration include:
- A client that has survived breast cancer after undergoing a mastectomy, and is seeking to enhance the results of breast reconstruction surgery with the recreation of one or both areolas
- A client that has scarring on one of both areolas, whether from an injury or surgical procedure
- A client that is a “previvor,” or someone who opted to have their breasts removed because they are a carrier of the breast cancer gene
- A client that has undergone a breast reduction, lift, or augmentation, and has noticed a change in color or shape of their natural areolas
- A client that has gynecomastia, a condition in which men develop breasts and require surgical removal
- Clients that are considering making aesthetic changes to their areolas for any reason, including dissatisfaction with the size or shape
For every client, the journey to areola restoration looks unique. However, our clients all have one thing in common: they want to feel happy, confident, and as “normal” as possible, and they know that areola restoration will help them achieve that goal.
The team at OM Design Studio wants all of our clients to be completely comfortable at every stage of areola restoration, from the initial consultation to the final results. If you aren’t sure if areola repigmentation is the right choice for you, we are happy to arrange a private consultation to assess your case and answer any questions.
The Areola Restoration Procedure
OM Design Studio takes great pride in our team’s professionalism and talent, which is why every artist is highly-trained and experienced. Your procedure will be highly tailored according to your ideal color shade, shape, and size, so that the final product is a perfect match for your aesthetic vision.
The first stage of areola restoration is your consultation. During the consultation, the goal is for your artist to build a clear idea of your goals for the procedure. We will examine the current condition of your areola(s), including taking a closer look at any surgery scarring to ensure that they are mature enough for tattooing.
As with every permanent makeup procedure at OM Design Studio, selecting the correct color is one of the most important steps in the areola restoration procedure. Both your natural skin tone and natural areola pigmentation will be carefully evaluated, as the technician combines technique and an artistic eye to make the right color choice.
Colors are custom-mixed for each client, and your artist will confirm that you are happy with the shade before the actual tattooing begins. Initially, you may feel that the color is somewhat darker or more pigmented than you expected. However, after the procedure, the color will subtly soften and lighten during healing for a completely natural look.
Once the pigment color is ready, the area will be numbed using an anesthetic cream. If you are particularly sensitive to pain, we may be able to provide additional measures for comfort.
The procedure is performed in a sterile environment using a specialized tattooing technique.
Areola Restoration Recovery
After your procedure has been completed, healing can begin! Most healing occurs in the first 10-14 days, with only mild discomfort within the first 24 hours or so.
Schedule an Areola Restoration Consultation at OM Design Studio
OM Design Studio provides areola restoration in Dallas at our welcoming, comfortable facility. Here, you’ll enjoy a calming, spa-like environment and friendly staff, rather than the cold, clinical feeling of a traditional medical facility.
Learn more about how areola restoration can be the key to unlocking your best self by scheduling a consultation with us today!