This past summer, my boyfriend and I went on a two week getaway to the Caribbeans and our first stop was Nassau, Bahamas. We stayed at the Grand Hyatt Baha Mar and had the best times of our lives. The resort was beautiful, service and hospitality from the staffs were great and food was amazing. We also visited the Exuma Island and went swimming with the pigs, nurse sharks and fed Iguanas. It’s truly a paradise in Bahamas and I’ve never seen the such a crystal clear water!
- Do not hop in a taxi without negotiating fare. (We got gipped our first day and learned our lesson of course).
- Always have some cash on you when venturing out. Not all places take credit cards.
- Bahamas is pretty pricey so stock up on water, drinks and snacks. You can order from Amazon and have it sent to your hotel or find a local mart.
Things To Do:
- Fish Fry’s for local restaurants
- The Exuma Cays Tour – Swimming with the Pigs, Nurse Sharks, Iguanas and Stingrays. Island Routes Caribbean Adventures http://www.islandroutes.com
- Gray Cliff Chocolate Factor: Chocolate tour $10 per person
- Gray Cliff Wine Cellars and Wine Tasting (Largest in Caribbean) http://www.graycliff.com/
- National Art Gallery (Walking distance from The Gary Cliff) http://nagb.org.bs/
- John Watlings Rum Facility http://www.johnwatlings.com/
- Sandy Toes: Rose Island (Boat ride from Nassau) http://www.sandytoesbahamas.com/
- Harbor Island Eleuthra (Day Trip) http://www.harbourislandguide.com/bahamas-ferries-schedule.htm
- Seahorse Sailing: Sailing on a Catamaran www.Seahorsesailingadventures.
- Snubu: Snorkeling http://www.stuartcove.com/DiveBahamasMgmt.aspx?id=4&pageId=19